Well, which is it? Good Golfer or Bad Golfer? Depends on who shows up. One thing is certain, though. I love the game of golf. 'Nuf said.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Day 4, Driving in Ireland/Northern Ireland

July 20th..
Left the Hotel at 7:30am for a (supposedly) 2-hour drive to Ardglass in Northern Ireland. For the first hour all went swimmingly well as it was on the Expressway. Took an exit I thought would lead me to the scenic route to Ardglass.. got hopelessly lost and finally got back to the Expressway. Took the correct exit.. unfortunately got lost again.

I had tried to program my GPS before I left Dublin but couldn't get the coordinates entered. Not sure what town I was in when I finally got smart and called Ardglass Golf Course and got the street address. Now, we're cooking!

Two things.. #1 I'm living proof you MUST get GPS. #2 The streets in the small towns and villages are damn narrow! The roads outside the towns and villages are even more narrow!!

There are times when you have to almost stop because an approaching car has decided to cross the center line on a curve. There were NO shoulders on most of the roads I traveled today. I saw either hedges or stone walls. Hedges would have been OK to hit... stone walls not so much.

Followed a tractor for several miles.. farmer and his dog.. just like you would expect to see in a movie.

Finally got to Ardglass after a 3-hour drive. Would tee off in an hour at 11:40. That's good. I needed to calm down after my stressful drive.

No comments: